This is the RC Buggy that got me back into the hobby in January 2010 after a 6 year break. The 4 wheel drive Tamiya DF02 Rising Storm is a great off road buggy, rugged enough to take a serious bashing on any BMX track, park or field, yet flexible and versatile enough to be pimped to your hearts content!
Built around the DF02 Shaft driven four wheel drive chassis, the Tamiya Rising Storm features front and rear differentials, high traction spiked tyres all round, coil over oil filled shocks on all corners and adjustable motor mount to handle smaller and larger pinion gears as required.
Equipped with a standard RS540 motor, the Tamiya Rising Storm is quick off the mark when built as it was designed but it can comfortably handle even the most powerful of brushless systems. Mine currently sports a 9T Ezrun Brushless system and it flies!
The body shell on the Rising Storm is clear lexan (polycarbonate) and the two tone white and pink Box Art colour scheme sets it apart from the other cars in its stable.
Video Of The Tamiya Rising Storm In Action!
Sealed gearboxes front and rear keep dirt and dust at bay when running off road, and its low centre of gravity (an possibly a little too low ride height) keep it rock steady in the air, even off the highest of jumps!
A full review of the Tamiya Rising Storm 58334 DF02 Off Road Buggy will be posted on RC Know How shortly.
Rising Storm Features & Technical Info
- Second release of the popular shaft-driven 4WD DF-02 chassis featuring longitudinally mounted motor and battery layout.
- Low center of gravity, wide bathtub chassis and wide tread provides great stability and fantastic handling.
- Semi-bearing drive train using 8 ball bearings for reduced friction leading to extra speed (the kit is supplied with standard plastic bushes… I highly recommend purchasing a bearing upgrade from you Hobby Store for improved performance all round).
- Turn-buckle shafts on the steering linkages for easy toe adjustment.
- Kit supplied with a Type-540 motor and Tamiya TEU-101BK electronic speed controller which can handle any motor down to 23 Turns.
Where Can I Buy The Tamiya Rising Storm
- Amazon stock the Tamiya Rising Storm Buggy kit & also the ready to race Tamiya Rising Storm XB Pro version here. Both with Free Delivery
- My Hobby Store
- Or try
for New & Used Tamiya Rising Storm Buggies plus plenty of parts too!
More Essential Reading...
I'm Justin, and I've been building & bashing RC Cars since 1987 when I got my hands on a newly released Tamiya Lunchbox! Since then picked up so many hints, tips and techniques I decided it was time to share them all with you...
Buy Me A Coffee!
I try to make my site as helpful and easy to understand as possible. If you find the articles on here useful, please consider buying me a coffee!
Grab A Bargain
» Tamiya » Kyosho » HPI Racing » Traxxas » Axial » Hirobo » Mardave » Marui » Nikko » Associated » Team Losi » Schumacher
Sign up for EssentialRC.com List
Show Us Yours!
Like Us On Facebook
Welcome To RC Know HowHiya... Welcome to RC Know How. I'm Justin & this is my own personal blog about my experiences in the world of RC Car bashing. I've been into RC cars on and off since 1987, and thought it about time I did something serious with my hobby!
Popular Search Terms1/10th 2.4Ghz 2wd 4x4 7.2v 8.4v 540 acoms ansmann axial ballraced battery bearings body shell brushless buggy charger charging electronic speed controller esc fastrax grasshopper hpi lipo Lunchbox lunch box mad bull monster truck motor NiMH off road radshape rc rc car review rs540 short course Slash sport tuned Tamiya teu-101bk Traxxas truck Tyres vintage